Yes, after successfully completing the Rider 101, you will receive a completion card to take to the KS licensing office.  The written and riding tests at the licensing office will be waived and you will receive your motorcycle endorsement.  For states other than Kansas, please check with your state licensing office before registering for a course. Many states will accept the completion card from other states.

You must be no younger than 15 1/2 on the first day of your course.

No, we supply the bikes. You will need to bring a DOT approved helmet.

You MUST be able to ride a bicycle. Other than that, no experience necessary.

Bikers ride in all weather conditions, including rain. The only weather-related cancellation we will have is if the riding surfaces are dangerous (i.e. Ice). If the forecast calls for rain, we suggest you bring rain resistant clothing.

Per the laws of the State of Kansas, this course takes 20 hours. The 20 hours are divided up into 3 days.

Yes, in the State of Kansas, you are required to have a motorcycle learner’s permit in order to take the course. MRU will ask you to fill out the form as soon as you register for your course and then we will take care of the process for you.

Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive licensing waives for both the written and riding tests for your motorcycle endorsement and insurance premium discounts from many insurers. 

“Motorcycle specific” riding gear is preferred, but not required. You must bring the following training gear:

• DOT approved helmet
• Sturdy pants, with no holes
• Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
• Over-the-ankle footwear (non-slip soles)
• Full fingered gloves
• Eye protection